JAKARTA'S TOP 10 PLACES TO RING IN 2024: A SPECTACULAR NEW YEAR'S EVE GUIDE
From iconic landmarks to cultural hubs: Explore the best spots for New Year's celebrations in Jakarta
As the final moments of 2023 approach, the vibrant city of Jakarta is alive with festive fervor, offering residents and visitors alike a myriad of options to bid farewell to the old year and welcome 2024. From iconic landmarks to cultural hubs, Jakarta promises a diverse range of celebrations to suit every taste.
Here are the top ten recommended places to ring in the New Year in Jakarta:
Ancol Dreamland Park: Located in North Jakarta, Ancol Dreamland Park is a hotspot for New Year's Eve celebrations. The park is set to host a music concert at Ancol Carnival Beach, featuring top-notch musicians and a dazzling display of fireworks.
- Hotel Indonesia or HI Roundabout: Central Jakarta's iconic Hotel Indonesia or HI Roundabout is a must-visit destination. The night sky will come alive with a dazzling fireworks display at midnight, complemented by entertainment stages featuring renowned musicians.
- Gelora Bung Karno (GBK): Senayan's GBK area in Central Jakarta is known for its exciting year-end entertainment events. Music concerts and culinary festivals are anticipated, making it a lively destination to welcome the New Year.
- Jakarta International Expo (JIEXPO): JIEXPO in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, is set to host the annual music concert "Pesta Tahun Baru" on Dec. 30 and 31. Featuring a star-studded lineup including Maliq & D'essentials, Kahitna, Nadin Amizah, Hindia, and The Sigit, this event promises to be a highlight of the city's celebrations.
- Jalan Sudirman-MH Thamrin: The Night of the Youth festival, or Malam Muda Mudi, returns along Jalan Sudirman-MH Thamrin, organized by the Jakarta provincial government. Expect a dazzling display of fireworks against the backdrop of the city's skyscrapers.
- Kota Tua (Old Town): Kota Tua is another enchanting New Year's celebration spot in Jakarta. The night sky will be illuminated with spectacular fireworks, creating a mesmerizing atmosphere throughout the night.
- National Monument (Monas): Monas in Central Jakarta, an iconic symbol of the city, is set to host various exciting activities for New Year's Eve. While specific details are yet to be released, the monument promises to be a focal point of the festivities.
- Pantai Indah Kapuk or PIK 2: The newly popular destination, PIK 2, promises an eagerly awaited New Year's Eve celebration on the reclaimed island. Visitors can explore Batavia PIK, Golf Island, and Pantjoran Chinatown for a diverse experience.
- Setu Babakan: Embrace Betawi culture at Setu Babakan in Lenteng Agung, South Jakarta, where a themed celebration event precedes New Year's Eve.
- Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII): TMII cultural park invites revelers to a prolonged celebration from December 20, 2023, until January 2, 2024. The events include workshops, culinary festivals, stand-up comedy, wayang kulit (traditional shadow puppetry), fashion shows, playgrounds, and music concerts.
As the city gears up for these spectacular events, residents and visitors are reminded to celebrate safely and usher in the New Year with joy and enthusiasm.#THE S MEDIA #Media Milenial #Jakarta #New Year's Eve #Ancol Dreamland Park #Hotel Indonesia #HI Roundabout #Gelora Bung Karno #JIEXPO #Jalan Sudirman-MH Thamrin #Kota Tua #National Monument #Monas #Pantai Indah Kapuk #PIK 2 #Setu Babakan #Taman Mini Indonesia Indah #TMII #Festivities #Cultural Events #Music Concerts #Fireworks #Jakarta Landmarks #Betawi Culture #Year-End Celebrations #Spectacular Events #Jakarta Nightlife