VERA WANG SHARES SECRET BEHIND HER YOUTHFUL LOOK AND TONED PHYSIQUE
Wait, she's 72??
Vera Wang is a wedding dress designer who has captivated a lot of people. She has amazed people not by her design but also by her talents.
Vera Wang was hired to be an editor at Vogue immediately upon graduation from Sarah Lawrence College, making her the youngest editor. Her design has been worn by Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande, Jessica Simpson, Mariah Carey, and many.
But now, at the age of 70s, she has amazed a lot of people with her fantastic physique. She has toned abs and a healthy body. One shocked Twitter user had posted some of the images on Twitter, writing: "THIS B**** VERA WANG IS 70?!?". Wang herself even retweeted the tweet, writing: "Fact Check: Truth."
Now the fashion icon has started sharing her secret to her toned physique and fresh-faced look, responding to fans on social media. Many people asked Wang how the hell she managed to look younger than most of us do at half her age. One person said: "I need my stomach to be like yours! What's your routine?"
Wang, who turns 71 next month, replied: "Work, sleep, a vodka cocktail, not much sun..." (a tweet posted last year). Easy, right? If we sleep and booze down already, so we are almost there. Another tweeted: "Bro, I want whatever @VeraWang is drinking..." And Wang said in response: "Diet @CocaCola... typical of a NY fashion type."
Well, The S Media thought the Asian shave the gene to keep ourselves younger, right? But we also have a tip to protect your skin from looking young, according to the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Protect your skin from the sun every day. Whether spending a day at the beach or running errands, sun protection is essential. You can protect your skin by seeking shade, covering up with sun-protective clothing—such as a lightweight and long-sleeved shirt, pants, a wide-brimmed hat, and sunglasses with UV protection—and using a broad-spectrum sunscreen, SPF 30 (or higher), and water-resistant. You should apply sunscreen every day to all skin that is not covered by clothing. For more effective protection, look for clothing with an ultraviolet protection factor (UPF) label.
- Apply self-tanner rather than get a tan. Every time you get a tan, you prematurely age your skin. This holds if you get a tan from the sun, a tanning bed, or other indoor tanning equipment. All emit harmful UV rays that accelerate how quickly your skin ages.
- If you smoke, stop. Smoking greatly speeds up how quickly skin ages. It causes wrinkles and a dull, sallow complexion.
- Avoid repetitive facial expressions. When you make a facial expression, you contract the underlying muscles. If you repeatedly contract the same muscles for many years, these lines become permanent. Wearing sunglasses can help reduce lines caused by squinting.
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet. Findings from a few studies suggest that eating plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables may help prevent damage that leads to premature skin aging. Findings from research studies also suggest that a diet containing lots of sugar or other refined carbohydrates can accelerate aging.
- Drink less alcohol. Alcohol is rough on the skin. It dehydrates the skin, and in time, damages the skin. This can make us look older.
- Exercise most days of the week. Findings from a few studies suggest that moderate exercise can improve circulation and boost the immune system. This, in turn, may give the skin a more youthful appearance.
- Cleanse your skin gently. Scrubbing your skin clean can irritate your skin. Irritating your skin accelerates skin aging. Gentle washing helps to remove pollution, makeup, and other substances without irritating your skin.
- Wash your face twice a day and after sweating heavily. Perspiration, especially when wearing a hat or helmet, irritates the skin, so you want to wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Apply a facial moisturizer every day. Moisturizer traps water in our skin, giving it a more youthful appearance.
- Stop using skincare products that sting or burn. When your skin burns or stings, it means your skin is irritated. Irritating your skin can make it look older.
Those are some tips that you can try to look younger than your age, just like Vera Wang. Of course, you have to do it regularly so you can get the best results.#THE S MEDIA #Media Milenial