THE LANESBOROUGH’S NEW CRUELLA INSPIRED AFTERNOON TEA
Cruella de Vil : I'm just getting started, darling.
The Lanesborough Hotel, London, is delighted to announce the latest in its innovative series of seasonal afternoon teas: It’s A Little Bit Mad, inspired by Disney’s all-new live-action film Cruella. Available from 28 May to 4 August 2021, the tea will pair one of London’s most beautiful dining settings under the naturally illuminated domed glass roof of Michelin-starred Céleste, with a striking, sophisticated black, red and gold-hued tea inspired by the glamorous pop-culture icon.
They also have a special menu by the hotel’s Head Pastry Chef, Kevin Miller. He has carefully crafted a limited-edition menu that, alongside the classic savoury sandwich favourites and a prawn and lobster tartlet, includes:
- Out with the old, in with the unexpected – chocolate chip and dried cranberry scones baked square, served with clotted cream and strawberry jam served in individual glass vials.
- Anarchy Reigns – an anarchy Millionaire Shortbread presented on a mini artists easel.
- Runway Diva – a treacle tartlet with a whipped dulcey ganache garnished with Cruella’s iconic red lips and The Lanesborough’s emblematic crown.
- Fashion Makes Art Makes Fashion – black-and-red chocolate and raspberry Battenberg cake with cranberry jam.
- Rebel Heart – a fragmented black heart with white chocolate feuilletine base, yoghurt raspberry mousse and a liquid hibiscus centre.
- Modern Masterpiece – a gold inside-out lemon cheesecake with blueberry compote and a blackcurrant and violet sauce injection.
- Totally Unexpected – a red choux bun hat with caramelised banana and pecan nut crema.
In addition to that, you could enjoy the backdrop of 1970s London with hints of punk rock by Disney's most notorious, super chic villain.
The Lanesborough has also created a unique cocktail ‘The Scene Stealer’, available in alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions that is fun, refreshing and perfect for spring and summer. This fuses the new Bombay Bramble, a bold new gin with the 100% natural flavour of freshly harvested blackberries and raspberries, with freshly squeezed lemon juice, pure raspberry purée, maraschino cherry juice and simple syrup, topped with white apricot air foam and freeze dried blackberry dust. To add dramatic effect, the cocktail is served at the table on a tray of dry ice.#THE S MEDIA #Media Milenial